Social media management goes beyond just posting updates on popular social media platforms like Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube and Pinterest. It includes handling social media accounts, engaging with your company’s audience and looking for new opportunities to increase reach and visibility.
Although social media is a cost-effective marketing tool for small businesses, it isn’t as simple as it appears to be. And when results don’t happen right away, many business owners think that social media isn’t for them.
Your brand doesn’t have to be present on every platform, but for your posts to be targeted, you need to have a strategy that is specific to the platforms you’re using.
What Is Social Media Management and Why Is It Important?
Social media management is the process of creating, publishing, promoting and managing content across multiple social media channels.
As a small business owner, you already know the importance of using social media marketing. Your customers are active on social media and they want to see content from brands like yours. They are often more open to messages their favourite brands present on social media than advertising campaigns.
When it comes to your marketing budget, you often have to do more with less. Social media management allows you to experience significant results with lead generation and conversion rates. It also eliminates high out-of-pocket costs that come with traditional marketing tactics like billboards and TV ads.
The best social media management practices typically consist of the following tasks:
- Choosing the right social media management platforms.
- Developing social media strategies that achieve your brand’s goals (awareness, sales, or growth).
- Creating social media schedules that have the best chance of reaching the majority of your audience.
- Creating and posting approved content to social media platforms.
- Responding to fans and followers (community management).
- Engaging with others on social media platforms.
- Creating social media advertising campaigns.
- Managing contests and giveaways.
- Tracking performance over time (monthly reports).
That’s a lot to keep in mind for small businesses that want to manage all social media platforms by themselves. You constantly have to create and publish valuable content that help you establish authentic connections with your target audience and reach new potential customers that are most likely to be interested in your products or services.
The Benefits of Hiring a Social Media Management Company
Managing your social media effectively will allow you to get the most out of these powerful channels. Every brand can leverage social media platforms to drive their objectives across the marketing funnel, from raising brand awareness to increasing store visits.
But for many small businesses, there just isn’t enough time, resources or expertise to dedicate to proper social media management. They need efficient social media teams to accomplish their goals.
This is where a social media management company can help you. They provide expert social media services that supplement your digital marketing efforts. Not only do they have the time to implement your campaigns, but they also have the skills and knowledge needed to ensure that your social media efforts are a success. Partnering with a social media management company enables you to focus on your core business.
Tips to Implement Immediately and Advise your Agency
Each platform has different best practices for generating engagement. Your social media manager will ask you questions that may lead to the realisation that your brand doesn’t need to have a presence on every platform.
When you look at all the platforms, ask yourself:
- Why am I using this platform?
- Who will I reach on this platform?
- What post types work best on this platform?
- How are my posts unique to this platform?
Tips you can implement immediately:
- Find out which channels your target market is active on to evaluate if you are using the right platforms.
- Create a consistent flow of content linked to how often your audience is active on a platform and stick to it.
- Ensure your message is clear and focused – don’t just post for the sake of posting.
- Ask your social media manager to analyse your current platforms and those of your closest competitors.
- Engage with your audience – people get frustrate and lose confidence in a brand when they send messages or comment on posts with no response.
An Important Aspect of Brand Awareness
Tips you can implement immediately:
At TAP, strategy and research is a once-off task to all social media packages. We develop a strategy and plan for your social media profiles along with identifying the right channels for your brand.
We determine the best content pillars to guide the creation process:
- Hashtag research
- Posting according to your time zone
- Community management (during office hours with a 24-hour revert frame)
We attend to and reply to comments and messages, join relevant social media groups and share the appropriate posts to these groups once a week to increase your brand awareness. We also invite potential clients to your page from leads received and produce monthly reports.
Get in touch and let us help you make your online marketing life easier.